NOC / Cloud Engineer
Center for Computer Resources, LLC (CCR), an IT company based in Troy, MI, is looking for an
experienced (5+ years) systems administrator with expertise in managing enterprise
VMWare/Hyper-V environment and 3+ years experience in a 24 by 7 production operations
role supporting IaaS, PaaS or SaaS offerings in a highly available multi-data center environment.
- Successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the stability and supportability of our Cloud solutions.
- Candidate will be a member of an integrated operations team to launch and support Cloud platforms and enablers.
- Candidate will directly interface with development teams, vendors, product, sales and customers.
- Candidate will engineer operational requirements, test cases, technical documentation provide operational support after launch.
- This is a client-facing technical position, so – in addition to demonstrated technical acumen – written and verbal communication skills, diplomacy, and the ability to work well under pressure are required.
- Monitor, maintain, & support cloud solutions
- Ensure standard processes exist for systems installation, configuration, patching, and upgrading.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and flexibility to change course as required.
- Develop guidelines for systems monitoring to ensure maximum availability, uptime, and performance.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve system performance issues and outages.
- Ensure documentation standards are created and adhered to.
- Ensure that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical applications.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Support of web portals, orchestration, platform, application, API, network and monitoring needs. Platform support (monitoring capabilities, performance tuning, capacity planning, and maintaining overall service and platform health).
- Maintaining overall platform stability, security, and supportability
- Develop operational requirements for solutions to complex issues, including those which require extensive research, analysis, critical thinking, collaboration, and precision in the execution in order to resolve
- Review Life Cycle changes, release management and feature adds
- Engineer detailed change documentation, risk assess and execute
- Present recommendations to developers, vendors and product owners
- Tier-3-level support to Service Desk team (on call 24×7)
- Facilitate post-outage reviews (POR), manage Service Incident Reporting (SIR), develop and deliver Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to management and to the customer
- Act as quality-gate for new solutions providing operational testing and requirements
- Providing technical mentoring to peers and partner organizations
- Developing and maintaining all technical documentation related to the cloud solutions and applications (System documentation, troubleshooting guides, customer-specific knowledge base, etc.)
- Overall customer relationship management
- 5+ years systems administration experience managing enterprise VMWare/Hyper-V environment
- 3+ years in a 24by7 production operations role supporting IaaS, PaaS or SaaS offerings in a highly available multi-data center environment.
- Citrix XenApp
- Experience support network components load balancers, switches, firewalls etc
- Knowledge of databases (MS-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with vCloud Director, vSphere
- Cloud platform experience
This is a full time, salaried position. Local travel required. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. CCR expects nothing less than a candidate interested in offering excellence to customers through honest interaction and quality technical support.
- $75K – $95K Annually
- 401K, health, dental